[mythtv-users] Struggling with DVB-T and AC3

Mark Edwards mark at edwards.homelinux.net
Mon Mar 8 08:18:23 EST 2004

Can anyone point me to a HOWTO in respect of getting the AC3 PID sending digital out to my 5.1 amp? I have setup the DVB channels
with the channel editor, and I have put the AC3 PID in the audio slot (replaced the standard audio PID). Things seem to be going OK
with the normal audio PID, but not with the AC3 pid.

I'm using ALSA 1.x libraries, EMU10K1 alsa driver (SB LIVE Platinum with breakout box). the connector I'm using is the TOSLINK or
the RCA SPDIF on the breakout box. This seems to work OK with xine, although mplayer doesn't seem to work at all : mpalyer ... -ac
hwac3 just ends up giving me a codec error.

So, I'm putting ALSA:iec958 in the general TV settings for the audio device, but I get all sorts of errors when MythTV tries to open
the device. Yes, I have checked the AC3 passthrough checkbox. most of the time - the errors relate to a sampling rate error - it's
asking for one value (the value in the 0.1 stream) but getting 0Hz back. After a few goes, it completely fails to open the audio
device.

If anyone has seen this sort of stuff before, please let me know.

Cheers,

Mark.