[mythtv-users] Glitchy nvidia geforce4 tv-out

Gerald Schepens schepens at shaw.ca
Mon Mar 8 02:33:10 EST 2004

I have an nvidia geforce4 ti4200 connected vis svideo to my TV.  When I
watch anything that involves mplayer (i.e. live TV, recordings or DVDs),
I get semi-rhythmic glitchy motion in the video.  I don't mean that the
playback skips or stutters, just that things onscreen, in particular
background objects, seem to suddenly jitter to the right for a fraction
of a second and then go back to their previous position.  The image on
my computer monitor doesn't do this at all.  Is this an mplayer thing,
or an nvidia tv-out thing, or what?  Anyone else have this issue, and if
so, does somebody know how to eliminate or minimise it?