[mythtv-users] IR Control of new Myth box

John F. DeLuca johnfdeluca at comcast.net
Sun Mar 7 20:59:24 EST 2004

On 7 Mar 2004 at 20:26, kemal asad wrote:

> I do not have a serial port free left is there any ways ro have  IR
> receiver connected on the USB port instead? Thanks Kemal.

Sure....streamzap or miscrosoft are two I know of.  They both come with remotes but
work with any remote.

Streamzap:
http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=303538&pfp=srch
1

Miscrosoft:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=80-100-201&depa=0

Both are supported in lirc although they ay require a patch.  Dan Conti who frequents
this list as well as the lirc list is the one we have to thank for the microsoft media
center edition support in lirc.

I personally use the streamzap but have heard good things about the microsoft.  And
since the MS one comes with a blaster (although no suppport yet for that), it's likely a
better deal.