[mythtv-users] PVR350 / Analog Channels in Australia Problems

Paul Koster mythtv at kosteronline.net
Sun Mar 7 17:19:23 EST 2004

> So I have 99% of MythTV working the only issue appears to be the TV
channel
>  Channel: '' was not found in the database.
>  Most likely, the default channel set for this input
>  (1 Tuner 0 )
>  in setup is wrong
>
>  Error, couldn't find any available channels.
>  Your database is most likely setup incorrectly.

I had exactly the same problem.

I notice that your freqid's are not what Myth expects (it expects those
weird frequency id's like E11 etc. not frequencies or whatever your 5 digit
numbers may mean ;) ) Supposedly you have to calculate those id's based on
the build in myth tables from the frequencies. I never got that working
however.

> I have ensured on the 4th option in 'mythtvsetup' that the Tuner 0
> (/dev/video0) is bound to the channel selection. I have noticed that:
>
>  a) You can not supply a channel frequency > 5 digits via 'mythtvsetup'

True. For that reason I submitted a patch to de devlist last week that adds
this option using the MythWeb interface.

>  b) If you dont assign a channel number the overlay on LiveTV will contain
> that channel name

> Any ideas anyone?

The easy work (worked for me and at least one other person). Use the script
that is mentioned at the end of this thread:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=112450;search_string=;guest=2533734&t=search_engine#112450

The hard way (also works). Patch your source and build it again:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=112458;search_string=;guest=2533734&t=search_engine#112458

--
Paul