[mythtv-users] From power button to Myth Menu - 1min 20sec

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Sun Mar 7 11:59:22 EST 2004

On Monday 01 March 2004 07:38, Henk Poley wrote:
> > Van: Malcolm <mythtv at lds.dyndns.org>
> >
> > I was wondering how I compare to others?  From the time I hit the power
> > button till the Myth Menu is fully loaded on the TV and ready to use is
>
> 1min
>
> > 20sec (all fully automated).  That's actually quite livable and I like it
> > but was wondering how I compare?
>
> 1:05m, with apache2 5 sec longer. I'm looking into moving less needed parts
> (apache2, alsa volumes, etc.) into a post-X runlevel. But first need to
> find out how to do that on Gentoo.
>
> btw, 'prelinking' doesn't help a thing to speedup boottime.

Thought mine was pretty quick recently so I thought I might as well test it
now I've got it autostarting.

43 seconds from power button to Myth TV menu. On a sub 1Ghz processor
(EPIA9000).

Although there's a definite 4-5 second lag in the X startup, I'll have to
investigate that... and mounting the DVD seems to take a second too.

Cheers,

--
Ivor Hewitt.
http://www.ivor.it - tech | http://www.ivor.org - hedge