[mythtv-users] mythmusic stuff

Stephen L. Ulmer ulmer at ulmer.org
Sat Mar 6 21:56:04 EST 2004

On 2 Mar 2004, ed at ebonmists.com mused:

[...]

> Why is you MythMusic so slow? I just figured it out. I've been
> screwing with the code this morning trying to find out why my 6gb of
> music (1800 songs) takes FOREVER to show up... and I figured it
> out. I'm going to post the reason/solution to the dev mailing list
> but I'll crosspost it here as well, as apparently it's not just me
> who's irriated by this problem.

You think *yours* is slow? Stop whining. ;)

Albums:
  mysql> select count(distinct album) from musicmetadata;
  +-----------------------+
  | count(distinct album) |
  +-----------------------+
  |                   623 |
  +-----------------------+
  1 row in set (0.01 sec)

Songs:
  mysql> select count(*) from musicmetadata;
  | count(*) |
  |     7961 |
  1 row in set (0.00 sec)

For the curious: 201014436KB, FLAC, I own all of the source media.

Looking forward to the patches... :P

--
Stephen