[mythtv-users] ATI TV Wonder Pro info

Gregory Gee greggee at sympatico.ca
Sat Mar 6 20:47:36 EST 2004

   Wondering if there was someone out there that is try
to use the CX88 driver for the ATI TV Wonder Pro card?
Just want to see what the correct settings to get a picture
to work.  I heard there might not be audio support yet, but
I am having problems trying to figure out what tuner setting
to choose.

   I have 2 tuners in my box.  The BTTV is setup correctly, but
I don't know what to do to get the cx8800 parameters correct
and working.  When I start xawtv, I see static, but it doesn't
seem to change channels.  So this probably means that I have not
chosen a tuner type yet.  Tips?  Below is part of my modules.conf.

# TV tuner
# Card0 - ATI TV Wonder Pro (cx8800)
# Card1 - Aims Lab VHX (bttv)
alias char-major-81-0 cx8800
alias char-major-81-1 bttv
pre-install bttv modprobe -k tuner ; modprobe -k msp3400
options bttv card=14 radio=1 pll=0
options tuner type=2

Thanks,
Greg