[mythtv-users] Recording shows to DVD?

Andrew Dodd atd7 at cornell.edu
Sat Mar 6 15:48:26 EST 2004

Quoting Tim Litwiller <tim at litwiller.net>:

> Ok, so burning with this script works ok,  and it works to play it on a
> computer - but it doesn't play on a standalone dvd player -  I remember
> someone said something about the sound settings - does that have to be
> set in mythtv and where do I go to change that setting.
No idea.  Mine work perfectly in my standalone.

Note:  Your video needs to be:
720x480
352x480
or 352x240
Or playback will be unpredictable in standalones.  (My Apex PD-650 has no
problems with odd resolutions, the family Rowa DVD-3610 gets the aspect ratio
wrong.)

The audio (I think) needs to be 48 kHz, not sure about bitrate, 384 kbps works
fine for me.

The only times I've had problems with the standalone not recognizing the DVD
were if I forgot the last dvdauthor -T step, or I didn't use -dvd-video as an
option to mkisofs.