[mythtv-users] FOCUS update for BETA of 0.4 release for MythTV

Bill Bradley wbradley at bham.rr.com
Fri Mar 5 19:36:34 EST 2004

So far so good.  Almost everything has worked "out of the box" except for
MythDVD .  I get sound, but no picture using the default mplayer, which is
strange because MythVideo works fine.  In addition, viewing recorded programs
is not working.  I can see the db listing, no preview, hit play and nothing.
I had a similar problem with myth from deb packages on my laptop trying to
use nfs for playback instead of streaming via the backend. The only fix I
found was to compile from source.  I don't know if this is a compile flag or
a setting in the db or what.  Any info would be nice as I prefer to stream.

Also the xmame packages have libesd0 / libesd-alsa0 dependency problems via
apt.  Its looking for a versions that are not in the repository yet.  Once
its in...or if I get motivated enough to compile from source this weekend,
I'll let you know how it works. also no biggy but the large fonts seem to be
a bit on the grainy side.  I will try to knock them down a size to see if it
clears them up.

cheers,
bill bradley