[mythtv-users] Recording shows to DVD?

Andrew Dodd atd7 at cornell.edu
Fri Mar 5 17:12:19 EST 2004

Quoting "Boyd II, Willy" <wboyd at fulbright.com>:

> pvr-250 right?  I don't think you want the dvb stuff then.  I was referring
> to this script:
>
> ---------------
> #!/bin/sh
>
> mkfifo aud0
> mkfifo vid0
> mkfifo dvdmpg
>
> mpeg2desc -a0 < $1 > aud0 &
> mpeg2desc -v0 < $1 > vid0 &
> mplex -f 8 -V -o dvdmpg aud0 vid0 &
> dvdauthor -o $2 -f dvdmpg
> dvdauthor -o $2 -T
>
> rm aud0
> rm vid0
> rm dvdmpg
> ----------------
>
> Pass it the .nuv file and a name for the new dvd project.  You should end
> up
> with a directory which you can mkisofs into a ISO then burn it.  (Or are
> people somehow bypassing the mkisofs step to burn?  lemme know if so...)
That's my script.  :)

The requirements are mjpegtools (provides mplex) and dvdauthor (provides
mpeg2desc and dvdauthor).

mkisofs is needed, but it's possible to pipe the output of mkisofs directly to
cdrecord without any file being written to disc.

An example:
#!/bin/sh
TSIZE=`mkisofs -dvd-video -udf -q -print-size .`
mkisofs -dvd-video -udf -V "$1" . | nice -10 cdrecord speed=1 dev=1,1,0 \
driveropts=burnfree -dao -v tsize="$TSIZE"s -