[mythtv-users] GeForce FX 5200 configuration

Volckaert, Jeff jvolckaert at chartermi.net
Fri Mar 5 16:32:51 EST 2004

Here's mine for use with the Nvidia Driver:

***** XF86Config for Redhat 9.0 *****
# XFree86 4 configuration created by pyxf86config

Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier     "Default Layout"
	Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
	InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
	InputDevice    "DevInputMice" "AlwaysCore"
EndSection

Section "Files"
# RgbPath is the location of the RGB database.  Note, this
is the name of the
# file minus the extension (like ".txt" or ".db").  There
is normally
# no need to change the default.

# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are
concatenated together)
# By default, Red Hat 6.0 and later now use a font server
independent of
# the X server to render fonts.

	RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
	FontPath     "unix/:7100"
EndSection

Section "Module"
	Load  "dbe"
	Load  "extmod"
	Load  "fbdevhw"
	Load  "glx"
	Load  "record"
	Load  "freetype"
	Load  "type1"
#	Load  "dri"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
# Specify which keyboard LEDs can be user-controlled (eg,
with xset(1))
#	Option	"Xleds"		"1 2 3"

# To disable the XKEYBOARD extension, uncomment XkbDisable.
#	Option	"XkbDisable"

# To customise the XKB settings to suit your keyboard,
modify the
# lines below (which are the defaults).  For example, for a
non-U.S.
# keyboard, you will probably want to use:
#	Option	"XkbModel"	"pc102"
# If you have a US Microsoft Natural keyboard, you can use:
#	Option	"XkbModel"	"microsoft"
#
# Then to change the language, change the Layout setting.
# For example, a german layout can be obtained with:
#	Option	"XkbLayout"	"de"
# or:
#	Option	"XkbLayout"	"de"
#	Option	"XkbVariant"	"nodeadkeys"
#
# If you'd like to switch the positions of your capslock
and
# control keys, use:
#	Option	"XkbOptions"	"ctrl:swapcaps"
# Or if you just want both to be control, use:
#	Option	"XkbOptions"	"ctrl:nocaps"
#
	Identifier  "Keyboard0"
	Driver      "keyboard"
	Option	    "XkbRules" "xfree86"
	Option	    "XkbModel" "pc105"
	Option	    "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse0"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/psaux"
	Option	    "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
	Option	    "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
# If the normal CorePointer mouse is not a USB mouse then
# this input device can be used in AlwaysCore mode to let
you
# also use USB mice at the same time.
	Identifier  "DevInputMice"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
	Option	    "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
	Option	    "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier   "Monitor0"
	VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
	ModelName    "DDCPROBED"
	DisplaySize  320	240
	HorizSync    31.0 - 82.0
	VertRefresh  55.0 - 100.0
	Option	    "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier  "Videocard0"
	Driver      "nvidia"
	VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
	BoardName   "VESA driver (generic)"
Option      "TwinView"
Option      "TwinViewOrientation" "Clone"
Option      "ConnectedMonitor" "CRT, TV"
Option      "SecondMonitorHorizSync" "30-50"
Option      "SecondMonitorVertRefresh" "60"
Option      "MetaModes" "1024x768, 1024x768; 800x600,
800x600; 640x480, 640x480;"
Option      "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
Option      "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"
Option      "TVOverScan" "0.5"