[mythtv-users] one IR receiver to rule them all?

mythtv at brtb.org mythtv at brtb.org
Fri Mar 5 13:27:13 EST 2004

X10 appliance module *should* work, assuming the TV will power-on
automatically when it gets power. IIRC my Sony 32" saves whatever the
last state was when it lost power, the Magnavox 27" stays off until you
send it the IR code for power-on.

Something else to check.., Sony should be fine, but some of the cheaper
TVs I've seen lose all their channel programming when they lose power and
insist on that auto-programming cycle when they turn on the first time.

I'd probably do some evil hack involving another IR blaster myself...