[mythtv-users] Chaintech 7nif2 and sound

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Thu Mar 4 18:20:50 EST 2004

Chris Thompson wrote:

>As to your question, regarding SPDIF, my board came with no SPDIF port
>adapter. I wasn't worried, since, I had no immediate plans for it. But when
>I went to try to locate the port dongle for sale, I couldn't find it. I
>read the reviews on newegg, and sure enough, the place on the motherboard
>for the SPDIF header is just blank traces, no pins.

Newegg must be selling some odd 7NIF2's then. They should ALL have the
spdif connector on them.  Getting the SPDIF dongle is a pain ($16 from
rma at chaintech.com) but they should all support it.

>So, overall, I recommend this board highly, though I'd caution you to not
>expect SPDIF and to be willing to play with memory settings.

I put one stick of 2700 in each of slots 1 and 3 and it booted up into
dual channel DDR mode just fine...