[mythtv-users] Official Uptime Thread

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 4 11:21:41 EST 2004

On Thursday 04 March 2004 01:52, Douglas Beck wrote:
> Hey, All.  I recently rebuilt my MythTV machine and I think this time
> I've got something that's stable.  I just wanted to hear from people,
> what their setup is and what their uptime is...  Here's mine:
>
> MythTV 0.14 PVR-250 AMD 2100XP Fedora Core 1:  Uptime 5 days

Well, I recently upgraded my box & am still not finished tweaking it, so
I've been rebooting a bit lately.  Before that, though, I hadn't
rebooted in months.  I only ever restarted mythbackend when I upgraded
to latest CVS (used to be weekly, though now it's more like monthly --
I just don't have the time!).

My old config:

RH8
Athlon XP 1600+
Asus A7A266 mobo
WinTV-radio (401) w/btaudio
Leadtek GeForce4 MX 420 AGP
IRman receiver
RS-2103 5-in-1 remote
Gyration RF keyboard & mouse
DLink wlan card
256MB SDRAM

My new config seems very stable (I haven't had any ivtv driver problems,
haven't even had to reload the driver).  Same box, but I pulled the
WinTV card and installed:

Fedora Core 1 (using Jarod's guide)
2 AverMedia M-179s
(now using XvMC for playback)

Again, I haven't had to reboot or restart mythbackend (except for kernel
upgrades, hardware swaps, Myth upgrades).

-JAC