[mythtv-users] Making the GUI smaller when using KDE?

jose rubio debian at nc.rr.com
Thu Mar 4 08:41:09 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 02:51, Niklas Brunlid wrote:
> Hey
>
> I'm running mythTV on a PVR350 using KDE on Gentoo... as will all 350:s I
> have the problem with the GUI being too big for the screen (which is set
> at 720x576, though I suspect that the 350 doesn't care about that X
> setting?). I tried setting the values in the mythfrontend setup to 640x480
> with an offset of 40/48, and it came out nice and centered but inside a
> very visible KDE window, with my desktop shining through between the
> window and the TV edge.
>
> Is there a way to shrink the GUI while at the same time displaying it on a
> fullscreen window? I've looked around in the list archives but the only
> tips I could find were to use the settings I've already tried...
>
> / Niklas
> ----

You just have to play with those numbers... you need to raise the
640x480 numbers and lower the offset numbers...

BTW, i wouldn't say
>as will all 350:s I have the problem with the GUI being too big for
>the screen

i would say:
...as with all 350's i have the feature that the screen is perfectly
sized to view tv...

:-)

You see, if you had something other that a 350, you would have to resize
the tv-out to make it show well whereas the gui would fit perfectly.

just my 2 cents

-jose-