[mythtv-users] multiple tuner and live tv

jose rubio debian at nc.rr.com
Thu Mar 4 08:25:52 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 23:04, MythTV User wrote:
> I was just wondering if adding a second tuner to a mythbox makes ch
> surfing faster?
>
> i.e. If you have two tuners will myth begin recording the next channel
> in sequence with the 2nd if it is available such that the switch
> between channels is extremely fast?  If this feature doesn't already
> exist I think it would be nice.  In the case with 3 tuners you could
> cache +1 and -1 channel, etc.

I think the problem is that... well... trying not to sound to snobish
but... channel surfing is sooooo 20th century.   ;-)

I've had a tivo since it first came out and now i have a mythbox too. I
can't remember the last time i watched live-tv.  did you know they have
commercials there?  there's people actually trying to sell you stuff!

Anyway, i don't think that any of the developers of myth are too worried
about channel surfing so i don't think your idea will get implemented
anytime soon.  it'll probably work but it'll take a bit of coding...

good idea though, i can see how if i ever did channel surfing i would
want it.

-jose-