[mythtv-users] HDTV in Australia

Christian Hack christianh at edmi.com.au
Thu Mar 4 02:13:35 EST 2004

In Brisbane I have the same sort of problems on the HD channels. I
haven't really bothered chasing them much though since my TV is hardly
capable of displaying HD content and the extra space taken by recordings
isn't worth it. I already auto transcode to MPEG4 anyway.

It seemed related to playback (well duh!) but mplayer did seem to have
more luck (not 100% successful though) playing back a MPEG2 file
recorded by the backend or dvbstream.

CH