[mythtv-users] Myth performance tweaks?

David Lyons djlyons1 at cox.net
Wed Mar 3 22:03:52 EST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Bill Bradley
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 10:02 AM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Myth performance tweaks?

On Monday 01 March 2004 09:04 pm, David Lyons wrote:
> All,
>
> While I am not a Linux newbie, my experience is lacking and need help
> tweak my system.
>
> That being said I just built my first Mythtv front-end/backend using
the
> following hardware.
>
> AMD Athlon XP 2700+ with 512MB memory
> Capture card is WinTV 250 (S-video from cable box)
> Output card is Gforce 440 (S-video to TV)
> Sound card is SB live
>
> If anyone has any performance tweaks that have been implemented with
the
> above hardware I would be most appreciative of any help
>

> Also I still need to configure system to control my Cox Cable SA
> Explorer 3250 cable box.
>
> Has any one purchased/built an IR controller to control above box?
>
> Thanks

I am also working on getting my mythbox to control the same SA3250.  I
have
seen on the list that the Actisys IR 200L (mentioned all over the list)
will
work with the 3100 series Explorer boxes.  I have asked the list if
anyone
has been able to get the SA3250 to work, but apparently you and I are
the
only two people on the list with the 3250 cable box.

So...in that spirit I have started bulding the homebrew IR transmitter
(2
solders left to go) and will let you know if I am able to get it to
work.

bill bradley