[mythtv-users] mythbackend locks after/before scheduled

tom gill tgill2 at msn.com
Wed Mar 3 21:55:15 EST 2004

Thank you for that suggestion.  Shutting off flagging seems to have taken
care of the backend locking up in the middle of a show.  I did have it lock
up on me just before a couple other shows...
Then an idea hit me... I have recording set to start a few seconds before a
show and record a few after a show.  At first this seemed pretty harmless.
But now that I think about it, what happens when back-to-back shows are
scheduled on the same channel, or different channels with a single tuner?
One show is supposed to start recording while the other show is supposed to
be STILL recording at the same time?  Could this be causing a possible
conflict not coded to be checked for?  I've turned everything back to 0
before and 0 after to see if this takes care of the bug.

The mid-show lockups have stopped, only back-to-backs on the same channel
lock up now.  I'm testing tonight to see if this is relieved.

Thanks for you Help with this....

Learn how to help protect your privacy and prevent fraud online at Tech
Hacks & Scams. http://special.msn.com/msnbc/techsafety.armx