[mythtv-users] commercial "entertainment PCs"

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Mar 3 14:52:28 EST 2004

> I have a contact at zap2it if anyone would like me to get information
> from them. The media company I work for has a contract with them for our
> website tv listings so I'm pretty sure I could get some good answers.
> Heck, if enough people are interested in a subscription tv listing
> service I'd be all for putting together a pay-for-listings service. At
> this point though I don't know the costs that would be involved in
> getting a data feed since we use a branded site. We do pay handsomely
> though so there would definitely need to be a lot of people interested.

Actually, zap2it has been in contact with Isaac about this kind of
thing, too...  he sent us a link on the devel list for labs.zap2it.com,
which offers an xml feed for registered users.

Personally, I'd also be fine with setting up a tivo-like thing that
tracks viewing habits (but not users - and since the code is open, we
could better assure people that this is really the case), and trading
that information with a listings provider in exchange for the listings
themselves.  Honestly, it'd just be interesting to look at what people
record, etc, but I'm just a nut for statistics.

--
Chris Petersen
Programmer / Web Designer