[mythtv-users] Wierd stuff with listings (DirecTV guide)

David Brieck Jr. myth at brieck.com
Tue Mar 2 11:21:51 EST 2004

The company I work for has a relationship with Zap2It for our website. I
had the occasion to give them a call yesterday about some problems we
were having with our URL being changed. She mentioned that they had a
Leap Year bug on the 29th which caused problems for users. This involved
cookies that were trying to be set for Feb 29, 2006.

My interpretation of the problem is that their ASP programmers handle
dates in a date format within their code, then convert them later on to
the format everyone else uses. So what they probably were doing was just
taking the current date, 2/29/04 and simply adding 2 to the year so that
later on when they tried to convert it got screwed up somehow.

I don't see how this might have affected us here but if you were having
a problem on Sunday this was probably it.