[mythtv-users] Myth performance tweaks?

David Lyons djlyons1 at cox.net
Mon Mar 1 22:04:39 EST 2004

All,

While I am not a Linux newbie, my experience is lacking and need help to
tweak my system.

That being said I just built my first Mythtv front-end/backend using the
following hardware.

AMD Athlon XP 2700+ with 512MB memory
Capture card is WinTV 250 (S-video from cable box)
Output card is Gforce 440 (S-video to TV)
Sound card is SB live

If anyone has any performance tweaks that have been implemented with the
above hardware I would be most appreciative of any help

Also I still need to configure system to control my Cox Cable SA
Explorer 3250 cable box.

Has any one purchased/built an IR controller to control above box?

Thanks