[mythtv-users] SUSE 9.0 rpms

James L. Paul james at mauibay.net
Mon Mar 1 21:15:03 EST 2004

On Monday 01 March 2004 12:32 pm, Greg wrote:
> YES!! You the man!! I will give them a go when I get a chance, then I can
> move back to SUSE from mdk9.2.
> Have you managed to get lirc and ivtv working ok? With the help of others I
> managed to get ivtv working but not lirc, on SUSE anyway.
>
> Anyway, nice one,
> Greg

FYI, not really related to building SUSE RPMs, but I have had no problems
building mythtv on my SUSE 9 boxes. I have been assuming that because I've
installed the SUSE 9 RPMs for KDE 3.2 (which also require updating qt) I
never ran into any problems building mythtv.

In fact, I didn't realize that there were problems building mythtv on SUSE 9
until I saw some posts about it, because my SUSE 9 boxes have been running
KDE 3.2 for some time. :) Perhaps I'm wrong in assuming that the qt updates
that are needed for KDE 3.2 are the reason for my success, but I've seriously
had no problems at all.