[mythtv-users] Machine Crashes when trying to watch live TV

Craig Garvie cgarviereg at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 1 03:39:33 EST 2004

I'm using Myth Version 0.14
with DVB drivers (latest from CVS 29/02/04)

I have a Haupagge Nova-t card with a 1Ghz Nehemiah EPIA M10000
Motherboard.

Myth backend seems to run ok with no errors, but when i select "watch TV ", i get 2-3 seconds of sound, and a single line of picsels. The machine then completly crashes, and i need to reboot to bring machine back up.

I tried DVB stream and i can stream ok to mplayer but only if logged in as root.

any idea's ?

Thanks Craig