[mythtv-users] Live TV Pauses

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Wed Jun 30 15:13:06 EDT 2004

>>Try JFS.
>
>I'd say that's a waste of time for this problem :)

Agreed.

>>It's not as fast at transfers as XFS, but it's got *much* lower resource
>>usage, and is the file speed deletion king. I left a cat /dev/video0 >
>>really_huge.mpeg going for 12 hours and JFS deleted it in a second :^)
>

>(also deletion time isn't a performance guide :)
>Useful for all kinds of reasons but not relevant here)
>
>David

Also agreed.

There's no way *any* filesystem would give you load averages like that
unless you were in PIO mode, which you're not. Keep an eye on "top" in an
SSH session or something when you do stuff; that way you'll see what's
thrashing the system. Oh crap, you already did that. What's the system load
(i.e. kernel times) like?

<longshot>Are you sure you're actually using the nvidia driver? Check it's
not unused via an lsmod. There's been a fair few people who've not edited
their XF86 config to load the nvidia driver and GLX interface. I also
assume the nVidia module is being loaded at boot...?</longshot>