[mythtv-users] shortcuts but how?

Scott Nicholson mythtv at scottnic.com
Wed Jun 30 11:31:48 EDT 2004

> > Actually I think the "jumppoints" table is what he's looking for.
>
> thanks, but I find some jumppoints-settingfiles
> in /var/lib/mysql/mythconverg/ are these the correct files? They are
> binary files. Is there any manual for editing?

If you have a webserver running on your network (with access to the mysql
server), install phpMyAdmin (www.phpmyadmin.net). You can use that to edit
the "jumppoints" table in the "mythconverg" database.

Since you say you don't have MythWeb, I'm guessing you may not have a
webserver, so here's the manual way (from the command-line):

Type "mysql --user=mythtv --password=mythtv mythconverg" (without the
quotes) to load the mythconverg database. (change the username and password
if you've made them anything other than the default).

You'll get a "mysql>" prompt.

Type "SELECT * FROM jumppoints;" (no quotes, but include the semicolon) to
show all records in the jumppoints table. If you've got multiple frontends
you'll see more than one entry in the "hostname" field. To select only the
records for the hostname that you wish to change jumppoints for, do:

"SELECT * FROM jumppoints WHERE hostname='yourhostname';"

To change any of the jumppoints, you'll need to run an UPDATE statement. For
example, let's assign "F1" to MythWeather":

"UPDATE jumppoints SET keylist='F1' WHERE destination='MythWeather' AND
hostname='yourhostname';"

Just make sure you put the "WHERE destination=''" part in, and if you have
multiple frontends, make sure you put the "hostname=''" part in (unless you
want to set the jumppoint the same for all frontends.)

At any time, you can do the "SELECT * FROM jumppoints;" to see what you've
done.

When you're finished, type "exit" at the "mysql>" prompt to quit.

You may need to restart mythfrontend for the changes to take effect.

Hope this helps.
Scott

---