[mythtv-users] Mythvideo/IMDB script not working [Bump]

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Wed Jun 30 06:21:37 EDT 2004

>You don't get any messages about missing perl modules when you run the
>script manually?
>The script uses these modules :
>LWP::Simple;
>HTML::Entities;
>URI::Escape;
>Getopt::Std;

Just tried running the script manually, and I get the exact same error. As
far as I can tell, I'm not missing any of the PERL modules I need.

Here's the output from running it manually:

Usage: imdb.pl [-OPTIONS [-MORE_OPTIONS]] [--] [PROGRAM_ARG1 ...]

The following single-character options are accepted:
         Boolean (without arguments): -o -h -r -d -i -v -D -M -P

Options may be merged together.  -- stops processing of options.
   [Now continuing due to backward compatibility and excessive paranoia.
    See ``perldoc Getopt::Std'' about $Getopt::Std::STANDARD_HELP_VERSION.]
IMDB Query (v1.00) by Tim Harvey
Performs queries using the www.imdb.com website.
usage: /usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/imdb.pl -hdrviMPD [parameters]
        -h           help
        -d           debug
        -r           dump raw query result data only
        -v           display version
        -i           display info

        -M [options] <query>    get movie list
                some known options are:
                   type=[fuzy]         looser search
                   from_year=[int]     limit matches to year
                   to_year=[int]       limit matches to year
                   sort=[smart]        ??
                   tv=[no|both|only]   limits between tv and movies
                Note: multiple options must be separated by ';'
        -P <movieid>  get movie poster
        -D <movieid>  get movie data

banquo root # /usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/imdb.pl -dM akira
# query: 'akira', options: ''
# request: 'http://www.imdb.com/find?;q=akira'
# no results

banquo root # /usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/imdb.pl -dD 0094625
# looking for movie id: '0094625'
# request: 'http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094625/'
/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/imdb.pl line 209.
Title:
/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/imdb.pl line 210.
Year:
Director:
Plot:
UserRating:
MovieRating:
Runtime:
Writers:
Cast:
Genres:
Countries:
banquo root #

As you can see, the "akira" query leads to the script searching an invalid
URL, and the search for akira's IMDBID leads to the same concatenation
error I see when I run it from within MythVideo.

: shrugs :