[mythtv-users] Suse 9.1 and PVR-250

Øystein Olsen oystein.olsen at astro.uio.no
Tue Jun 29 03:33:46 EDT 2004

tirsdag 29 juni 2004, 06:02, skrev Joshua Schramm:
> Hey everyone,
>
> Im trying to get a PVR 250 to work on Suse 9.1. I know i need the
> IVYTV drivers and have installed the kernel source but i can get the
> drivers to compile. I have seen alot of questions about this on the
> archive but i didnt know if someone had put together a tutorial for
> 9.1 or not.
>
> Anyway the error im getting is from a misconfigured MakeFile but i
> dont really know how to configure it properly. Any suggestions or
> feedback from fellow Suse users would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

I've compiled the drivers on SUSE 9.1 and have a rpm for kernel
version 2.6.5-7.75-smp. If you use the same kernel, you can grab the driver
and lirc rpms from

http://folk.uio.no/oeysteio/apt/suse/9.1-i586/RPMS.olsen/

If not, I would rebuild the source rpms (the ivtv is patched cvs). I assume
that you have the correct kernel-sources installed:

cd /usr/src/linux
make mrproper
make cloneconfig
make prepare

Now you should be able to compile the drivers as an ordinary user. I recommend
building the kernel-modules as ordinary user. To set up the ~/.rpmmacros and
the folders to build the rpms:

$ cd
$ wget http://folk.uio.no/oeysteio/orinoco-usb/build_rpm.tar.bz2
$ tar xjvf build_rpm.tar.bz2

Have a look at  ~/.rpmmacros. You might want to edit a few things there (your
name, e-mail address...)

Then download the lirc and ivtv src.rpm from

http://folk.uio.no/oeysteio/apt/suse/9.1-i586/SRPMS.olsen/

As ordinary user do the following:

$ rpm -ivh lirc*.src.rpm ivtv*.src.rpm
$ cd ~/packages/SPECS
$ rpmbuild -ba ivtv.spec
$ rpmbuild -ba lirc.spec
(You should have look at spec files to get an idea of what they do.)
$ cd ~/packages/RPMS/i586
$ wget
http://folk.uio.no/oeysteio/apt/suse/9.1-i586/RPMS.olsen/ivtv-firmware-2.02.023-1.noarch.rpm
$ su
(root-password)
$ rpm -ivh *.rpm

The ivtv-rpm will add entries in /etc/modprobe.conf.local. You might have to
change a few of the options though.

--
Øystein Olsen, oystein.olsen at astro.uio.no, http://folk.uio.no/oeysteio
Institute of Theoretical Astrophysics, http://www.astro.uio.no