[mythtv-users] Problem tuning PVR250

Graham, Douglas J djgrah at solutia.com
Mon Jun 28 05:53:19 EDT 2004

Hi Paul,
I have a similar problem with a 350 (also in the UK). I have got all the info in the databse for the 5 terrestrial channels but still get static in myth.
I have checked the card is working ok by switching on the tv out and manually tuning the card with the ptune-ui.pl PERL utility in the IVTV directory (I
know this isn't much use for your 250, you may be able to use xawtv?). I found the first channel at 64 I think, but this will depend on your area I guess.
I have not persevered with trying to get the aerial working in myth yet due other problems (still can't get sound), I have switched to composite video
feed.
 Have a look at Jarod's excellent Howto - http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/ specifically the configutarion of IVTV in section 11 to check you have the inputs
set up correctly.
I set the video input using the line /usr/bin/test_ioctl -p 4. This should correspond to aerial input not composite or S-video (I guess the 250 is the
same as the 350 in this respect)

Doug