[mythtv-users] TV Out Problems

Delf Meek delfmeek at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 27 16:59:14 EDT 2004

Hello all.  I'm new to MythTV, and using the GUI of
Linux (Until now, I've always done things through the
command line).

I'm using an ATI Radeon 7500 Video Card.  I understand
that NVidia is a better card, but my budget is tight
right now, so I'll have to live with my choice of the
ATI Radeon.

I configured the Linux machine hooked up to my
computer monitor, and then disconnected the box and
hooked it up to my TV via S-Video (no computer monitor
attached).  When I boot up, everything looks fine in
text mode, but the instance the logon screen comes up,
all I get is jibberish.  It acts like the screen
resolution/refresh rate is out of wack.  Switching
over to Text mode (such as pressing Control ALT f2,
allows me to log in via text mode).

How can I adjust this setting?  Help!