[mythtv-users] Re: Announcing new program for transcoding recordings.

Chris Vargas ceenvee at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 27 08:32:14 EDT 2004

On June 26, 2004, Esben Skov Pedersen wrote: wrote:

> For some reason nuvexport didn't work om my system
(mdk9.2.
> myth rpms from plf) I decided to write my own...

I'd love to get this python script running, since
nuvexport isn't working for me either. I'm getting the
following error:

  File "/usr/local/bin/legend.py", line 113, in ?
    print " %-2d %-50s %s"%(key+1, showsData[key][0],
date )
UnicodeError: ASCII encoding error: ordinal not in
range(128)

This seems to be due to the presence of accented
characters in show titles... it started to run but
then seemed to stop when it hit "Pokémon" (yes, I have
children :)

I know zip about python, may try to figure out how to
fix this, but wanted to mention it. Thanks.