[mythtv-users] MX440/Radeon wars (Was: Hardware ideas)

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Fri Jun 25 21:36:51 EDT 2004

Dan Morphis wrote:

> Clyde Stubbs wrote:
>
>>  On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 05:32:24PM -0400, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
>>
>> > My picture is much better than what my Tivo produced on my 32 inch
>> > standard def Wega TV.
>>

>>  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe your TV does progressive scan
>>  @31.5kHz. Mine doesn't and that's the core of the problem.
>

> J Donavan, can you confirm this?  I have that same tv, I'd like to
> push a progressive signal to it if possible.

Well, it looked just as good on my old 53 inch rear projection unit as
well (or at least as well as that thing could look in comparison to a
Wega).  I've tried to look into timings for the TV so I could fine tune
things, but I've not had any luck.  This is an older Wega, I've had it
for 3 or so years...

Here's the relevant sections of my XF86Config:

Identifier   "TV"
    VendorName   "All"
    ModelName    "Standard NTSC TV"
    HorizSync    30.0 - 50.0
    VertRefresh  50.0 - 60.0
    ModeLine     "800x600" 40.1 800 848 968 1056 600 601 605 628
    Option        "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Videocard0"