[mythtv-users] Re: Minimum CPU for separate backend

John Bartkiw j_bartkiw at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 25 17:27:33 EDT 2004

>> > Different PCI revisions usually have the notches on the the PCI slots
>>in a > different place so you (usually) can't physically fir the card in.
>>The first > board I tried my 250 in didn't show it up either; this was due
>>to there not > being enough free IRQ's to give the 250 one to itself. >
>>Although I've seen that too (my dual athlon board has 64-bit 3.3v PCI),
>>the PVR-250 fit into the BP6 fine. It wasn't an IRQ conflict because I
>>stripped it down to nothing, swapped vid cards with different AGP/PCI
>>ones, and tries many different slots. It just plain couldn't be seen. I
>>talked with another guy who saw the same thing... pci2.1 vs 2.2 or
>>something? Don't know exactly, but it's really subtle (except that it
>>absolutely won't work... that isn't subtle!)

I had the same problem with having the BP6 motherboard.  It definately is a
problem with it not supporting PCI v2.2.  The card fits fine into the MB but
it just isn't detected.  It's more of a problem with the 250 MCE version
than the straight 250 as I have a normal 250 which was detected no problem.

-j