[mythtv-users] PVR350 grey Remote not working in Myth

Don Brown don at donbrown.ca
Fri Jun 25 14:52:25 EDT 2004

I followed Rod Longanilla's excellent guide at
http://www.pogmech.net/~ral/mythtv/mythtv-fc2-build.txt and myth is working
brilliantly.

One of my few niggly things left is the remote.

I'm have a Hauppenage PVR350 in a combined front/back end system.

If I do a "irw /dev/lirc"
I see all the codes being displayed perfectly.

I have the appropriate .lircrc file in the home directory of the user
"mythtv" which is the user that starts up the mythfrontend. (It's also
copied to the home directory of root which starts the backend service at
startup - it wasn't clear if the remote is a backend-type or frontend-type
function, so I hedged my bets).

Mythtv works great but totally ignores remote button presses.

Any ideas on where to turn next?

Thanks in advance,
Don Brown