[mythtv-users] Playback "super speed" bug with DVB

Iain Waugh iain_pub at swiftdsl.com.au
Fri Jun 25 09:59:24 EDT 2004

Heya,

I've managed to get my MythTv v0.15.1 working under Gentoo, but when I
watch recorded shows or live TV, the playback occasionally jumps into
"super speed" mode where the action happens twice as fast as normal and
the sound disappears.

Rewinding a few seconds usually lets you watch through and past the
point where it went nuts.

During the recording (from DVB), I can see the logs of occasional errors
in the stream which is the probable cause:
   2004-06-25 22:05:39 DVB#0 WARNING - Uncorrectable error in packet,
dropped.

I've tried all the sync and jitter settings on the first page ("General
Playback") of the Playback options page.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Iain