[mythtv-users] RE: mythtv-users Digest, Vol 17, Issue 78

Samuel Phillip McKoy spm7 at waikato.ac.nz
Fri Jun 25 08:45:55 EDT 2004

Thanks to Martin at martinm-76, I have sound working in Myth (v4lctl volume mute off) however the sound is all scratchy and it crackles.  When I do a aplay /dev/dsp its fine, making me think its something that Myth is doing.  I'm using a 2.6 kernel, flyvideo 3000, an AC97 onboard soundcard and ALSA drivers.

Would it be due to sampling rates? (all set to 48000) possibly the compressor I'm using?  I'm really unsure what it is and its a bit irratating.

Thanks

Sam