[mythtv-users] Re: Homebrew PVR Multi-Circuit

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Fri Jun 25 07:16:13 EDT 2004

 	Heck, as long as you've got the power and the parts are cheap, I'd say
the more the merrier.  For Tx at least, you just need to spray IR out (I
suppose if different devices have different delays it could cause interference,
though).  I'd say all three.... put a header inside, a common plug on the front
panel (e.g. 1/8" minijack), and a Tx LED on the front panel facing forward.
It'd be easy to put jumpers on the board to configure which ones to turn on.
If they don't interfere when you have them all on, you could probably even
forgo the jumpers (although the more cheap tweaks, the better).  I'm sure that
some people have configurations where different boxes are in different places
and could benefit from diversity transmitters.

?
-Cory

* The prime directive of Linux:  					*
* 	- learn what you don't know, 					*