[mythtv-users] Feature Request

Jason keirstead mythtv at keirstead.org
Fri Jun 25 18:44:50 EDT 2004

On June 24, 2004 11:22 pm, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> Gentlemen, start yer flame-throwers...
>
> Search the mailing list archive for the term bugzilla, and you'll see Isaac's
> stance on that issue.

I think you are referring to this thread I guess?

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/19538?search_string=bugzilla;#19538

> As for feature requests, a typical response is "if you
> want feature X, write the code". Most developers are either working on
> solidifying what's already there, or features that they themselves want. Then
> again, maybe you get lucky and a dev likes your idea enough to implement

I would have a much easier time wrting it myself if there are myth API docs around, but these
are also lacking :P I tried looking at the mythmusic code but there are no comments to be seen
anywhere and it is taking a long time to grasp what the process is for playing a file, which is why
I posted to the list.