[mythtv-users] Patching ATrpms kernels for pcHDTV support

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Thu Jun 24 17:02:32 EDT 2004

Jarod Wilson wrote:
> I was successful in patching Red Hat's 2.6.7-1.441 kernel out of their
> development branch, built a kernel rpm and everything. The machine is booting
> off it, the modified bttv kernel module loads and recognizes the card just
> fine. However, the pcHDTV-provided 2.6.6 tools all like to segfault (which
> I've read is rather common, unfortunately). Tonight, I'll try playing with
> xine-hd and MythTV with the card...

Just a hint for you... if it doesn't seem like Myth is getting anything
from the card, try using one of the utilities that will set the channel
(like dtvsignal) outside of Myth first.  Dunno what is going on here,
but I sometimes need to do this once after rebooting (in fact, I put it
in my mythtv-backend startup script).

-Doug