[mythtv-users] Torrentocracy

David Huseby david at surreal.com
Tue Jun 22 15:57:20 EDT 2004

-] It's people like you that get things like
-] the broadcast bit passed into law fucking it up for the rest of us.

It is a good thing that we now have software radios (www.gnuradio.org).
We will take back our fair use rights one way or another.  The ultimate
end to the struggle over fair use rights is for the government to ban
general computing devices on the dubious grounds of protecting copyright
holders.  Heck, Canada already has a piracy tax on DVD-R/CD-R media and
drives.  So that begs the question, "if I pay the piracy tax, does that
mean it is legal to pirate stuff?"  Or better yet, "why do I have to pay
a piracy tax when the act of piracy is illegal?"