[mythtv-users] Re: Jerod's guide updates?

ou812 at comcast.net ou812 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 22 15:22:51 EDT 2004

>You probably won't have to change the doc other than mentioning that
>for nvidia and ivtv currently 8kstack kernels are neccessary, and
>until this has been resolved by the respective developers such kernel
>and kernel modules are offered at ATrpms.

You may also want to mention the fc2 uses Xorg.conf instead of
Xf86config and modprobe.conf instead of modules.conf.
Modprobe.conf uses different syntax as well.

>Yes, I did build a kernel with 8kstacks and the kernel modules for it

Do have an RPM for this kernel? If so where is it?

So if I recompile my kernel with 8kstacks and install the Nvidia
Drivers (NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4363.run)  I should be able to use your FC2 RPMS?

I am confused which IVTV rpms I would use.
You have this rpm - kernel-module-ivtv-2.6.7-1.437_1.rhfc2.at-0.1.10-36_pre2_ck94r.rhfc2.at.i686.rpm
Which makes me think I should be able to use it with the 2.6.7-1.437 fc2 kernel. But that does not have
8kstacks.

So my assumption is recompile kernel with 8kstacks install NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4363.run and use the rpms on atrpms.net

Or do I need to compile IVTV myself as well or am I just way of base here.

Thank you