[mythtv-users] Jerod's guide updates?

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Jun 21 21:59:03 EDT 2004

On Monday 21 June 2004 18:12, Andy Long wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone (Jerod especially)

<tongue-in-cheek>
I don't know who Jerod is, and I'm not familiar with Jerod's guide. However, I
can speak about Jarod's guide.
</tongue-in-cheek>

People almost always misspell my name for some reason. Thanks, mom and dad...
(Note that I don't really give a rip either, its just been a long day -- I'm
still at work at 7pm...).

> has any estimates on when
> Jerod's how-to might be updated (I know he's probably busy with work,
> family, etc..)

Work, mostly (see last paragraph). Moving an entire office this week... But
I'm working on updates.

> or if there's a newer guide on another site incorporating
> the new stuff.

Someone wrote a source-based FC2 install doc. Search the list for a link.

> There's been some big changes since it was written (FC2,
> v.15 of mythtv, etc...), but the guide hasn't changed in over a month.
> (I'm not complaining, just wondering).

I won't change my doc over to FC2 until there are stable nvidia and ivtv
drivers that work with the stock kernel. As for MythTV 0.15(.1), the
instructions for installing are pretty much identical. I've installed on a
FC2 machine (sans-nvidia and ivtv driver) just fine following that formula.

> Anyone know of a guide that's as comprehensive as Jerod's that uses FC2 and
> mythtv v.15?

That uses rpms for everything, no. But like I said, there's nothing really
stopping you from using my doc as-is, except for the nvidia and ivtv drivers
not being safe for use with FC2's stock kernel.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...