[mythtv-users] MythGame mame rom scanning problem

Ryan Nowakowski tubaman at fattuba.com
Sun Jun 20 09:31:50 EDT 2004

Hrmmm.  It seams that mythgame was generating bad sql statements during
the mame rom scan.  This is from the mysql log:

103 Query       INSERT INTO gamemetadata (system,romname,gamename,genre,year) VALUES ("Mame","nitd",""Nightmare in the Dark","Platform^M",2000)

103 Query       INSERT INTO mamemetadata (romname,manu,cloneof,romof,driver,cpu1,cpu2,cpu3,cpu4,sound1,sound2,sound3,sound4,players,buttons,rom_path) VALUES ("nitd",""Eleven / Gavaking","-","neogeo","neogeo","68000","-","-","-","YM2610","-","-","-",2,4, "/space/roms/mame")

Notice the inappropriate double quotes in front of the 'romname' and
'manu' values.  I've hacked the source to remove one of the double quotes
but it's a bad hack, just good enough to get it working in my situation.
Here's my setup:

mythtv 0.15.1 (debian packages)
xmame 0.83

I hope this helps the developers.  I'd be glad to offer debugging
assistance.

- Ryan