[mythtv-users] S/PDIF sound problems

David myth at dgreaves.com
Sun Jun 20 06:55:16 EDT 2004

The sound does come from the PVR - but then it comes back in through the
line in and from here I  thought Myth sent it out through the PCM audio
device with volume control.

The FAQ, section 7.2 sugegsts
  amixer set Line,0 75%,75% mute captur
which sets lin-in to 75%, mute's it and marks it for capture
then
  amixer set Capture,0 100%,100% mute captur
I interpret as mute the capture channel (so it's not heard directly),
listen to the capture intput (line-in) at 100% and act as a capture
device (so Myth can read it)

So I want to make the pcm go through the S/PDIF - which works for Mythmusic.

OK, further reading suggests that Myth doesn't do this for the PVRs -
maybe I can run  something in parallel that captures line-in and feeds
it to the pcm output.

David