[mythtv-users] DataDirect quit working

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sat Jun 19 19:02:43 EDT 2004

David Hampton wrote:
> Found a thread in the archives this morning that got me looking in the
> right direction.  I've long had my firewall set up to redirect all web
> traffic through a local squid proxy.  Last week I added privoxy to my
> firewall and used the configuration recommended by privoxy to get the
> two working together.  It appears now that privoxy unzips all the data
> passing through it.  Running 'gzip -d' on uncompressed data produces an
> error message and a zero length output file.  Mythfilldatabase isn't
> seeing the error from gzip and is simply processing the zero length
> input returned to it.  Oops.

Even though I haven't seen this myself, I do know that some
proxies do uncompress and that some small portion of the people
reporting this error message are are seeing it due to their
proxy. Therefore, I've committed your one character change =).

Others will still see this error message as a result of other
problems but this may help a few people going through proxies.

--  bjm