[mythtv-users] DataDirect quit working

David Hampton hampton at employees.org
Sat Jun 19 16:23:21 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-06-19 at 12:18, David Rees wrote:
> David Hampton wrote, On 6/19/2004 1:12 AM:
> > gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
> <snip>
> > This has got to be something simple.  Is there any way to get
> > mythfilldatabase to output any more information, or any other way to
> > track down this problem.  My tv listings are getting close to running
> > out so I'd appreciate any pointers on where to look and/or what to
> > reset.  Thanks.
> Upgrade to the latest version of wget >= 1.9.1.

That's not the problem.

Found a thread in the archives this morning that got me looking in the
right direction.  I've long had my firewall set up to redirect all web
traffic through a local squid proxy.  Last week I added privoxy to my
firewall and used the configuration recommended by privoxy to get the
two working together.  It appears now that privoxy unzips all the data
passing through it.  Running 'gzip -d' on uncompressed data produces an
error message and a zero length output file.  Mythfilldatabase isn't
seeing the error from gzip and is simply processing the zero length
input returned to it.  Oops.

If I disable privoxy (leaving squid enabled) then mythfilldatabase runs
without any problems.  I'm now looking for a way to tweak privoxy to
prevent this problem.  I'd really like to be able to reenable it.


-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20040619/d8939bdb/attachment.pgp

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list