[mythtv-users] myth, ivtv & PAM+SECAM channels

Greisberger Christophe mythtv at greisberger.net
Sat Jun 19 11:44:40 EDT 2004

Hi!

I'm living at the French-German border and I get half my channels in PAL, the
other half in SECAM.
In mythtv it's easy to select the standard for each channel, but my PVR-250
doesn't switch automatically from PAL to SECAM (and back).

It warks perfectly when I watch TV using this little script:
------------------------------8<------------------------------
#!/bin/bash
# PlayChannel.sh <pal | secam> <channel>
STANDARD=$1
CHANNEL=$2

if [ "$STANDARD" == "secam" ] ; then
    TABLE="secam-france"
    STANDARD="SECAM"
    test_ioctl -u 0x7f0000
else
    TABLE="pal-europe"
    STANDARD="PAL"
    test_ioctl -u 0xff
fi

test_ioctl -p 4
test_ioctl -f width=720,height=576
test_ioctl -v input=2,output=1
ptune.pl --freqtable $TABLE --channel $CHANNEL
mplayer /dev/video0

So when I want to watch or record a channel using mythtv, I have first to call
my script to switch to the right standard. :-/

Is there any way to call a script when tuning to a channel so that I can
automate it?

--
Christophe Greisberger