[mythtv-users] MythWeb Cover Art

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Fri Jun 18 14:24:32 EDT 2004

Yep, there is. Just did it myself last night.

Here's the text I'm currently writing for my howto (gentoo):

First, go to your mythweb location (use whereis). On Gentoo, this lives in
/var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb/

Make some symlinks to the relevant directories - MythTV's recording
directory, movie covers and ANY OTHERS THAT NEED DOING. These need to be
symlinks, because everything mythweb does is relevant to where it's running
from. You can think of /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb/ as it's "home"
directory if you like.

cd /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb/
ln -s movie_covers /home/mythtv/.mythtv/MythVideo/
ln -s tvstore /home/mythtv/tvstore/

Make sure the permissions are set up correctly so that apache has read
access on these directories.

ls -l
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root   root      31 Jun 18 04:14 movie_covers ->
/home/mythtv/.mythtv/MythVideo/
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root   root      21 Jun 18 03:04 tvstore -> /home/mythtv/tvstore/

Now Apache/MythWeb have a directly accessible link to these directories. I
chmoddded -R my entire /home/mythtv directory to be world readable and
executable (755) as a quick fix; I'll eventually tighten this up somewhat.

Now open up the MythWeb config and tell it of these directories.

vi config/conf.php

Some of the comments aren't very clear, but the relevant lines are:

#Sets the mythweb/tvstore directory/symlink to variable 'video_dir'
define('video_dir', 'tvstore');

#Does the same thing for the 'video_img_path' variable
define('video_img_path', 'movie_covers');

Save, and next time you refresh MythWeb it should give you the pics, both
in MythVideo and the rendered pics of your TV recordings.

Hope this helps.