[mythtv-users] Mythweb on a separate box is VERY slow

Shawn Asmussen asmussen at cox.net
Fri Jun 18 12:11:28 EDT 2004

Until recently, I have had mythweb running on my myth box. When I access
it on that box, it takes about 50 seconds for the program listings to come
up when you bring up the web page (Which is painfully slow to begin with).
Today I setup mythweb on my web box that is accessible from the internet
so I can remotely access it (Properly password protected of course). I
basically just tar'd up the mythweb directory off of one box, untar'd it
on the other box, and editted the conf.php file to point to the mysql on
the other box. This worked fine, except that now it takes about 3 minutes
for the program listings to come up when you bring up the web page instead
of a 'mere' 50 seconds. Is mythweb really doing so much mysql activity
that doing it over the network (100 Mb, switched, full duplex) instead of
locally should cause it to take that long? Is there anything I can do to
make it more usable? If I want to bring up mythweb at a friends house to
show them how cool mythtv is, their first reaction is just going to be,
'My God that's slow...'

Shawn Asmussen