[mythtv-users] Mythtv playback quality poll

b.taber b.taber at comcast.net
Fri Jun 18 11:02:36 EDT 2004

All notes on getting the epia-m operational would be welcome. I've got a
separate backend running on my workstation and trying to use an epia-m
10K as the frontend. So far it's been a nogo.

I've been trying all sorts of different combinations of setups and
kernels to make this work correctly. The main problem is that any
viewing of videos or livetv is extremely jerky and has stuttering audio.
The cpu usage is running at 95-98% when the problems are noticed. I'm
currently plodding through using a 2.6.7 redhat kernel to see if that
will help. Attempts to watch tv with this locks the system so tight that
nothing short of a reboot will get the system recovered.

I've run both the backend & frontend on one machine with limited
success. At least the TV was viewable. I figured that a separate machine
would make it work better.

Any hints or suggestions are appreciated.

Bruce